Thursday, September 3, 2009

Honey Lentils

Another recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking! I love lentils. They're filling, good for you, and cheap! They also are very delicious in the crockpot. yummm. I didn't use the garbanzo beans or the ginger because I didn't have any, and I figured the lentils had enough protein for me.

1 1/2 cup lentils
3 cup water
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 T soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 dried bay leaf

Rinse of the lentils and put them in the crockpot with water, onion, carrots and the garbanzo beans. Add everything else too.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-5. I always like cooking things on low, if I have the option because it allows the flavors to amalgamate better.

Serve honey lentils by themselves, or over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment