Thursday, October 1, 2009

Santa Fe Foldover


The night I made this Jesse told me I really like to make Mexican food because I make it a lot. So, here's the most recent Mexican recipe that goes out to you, babe! I think I know the reason I make a lot of Mexican food: beans! They're inexpensive, healthy and are packed with protein.

I modified a recipe from eatbetteramerica.com. The original said it could feed 3 people. I don't think so. Jesse and I ate the whole thing and were not stuffed. I'd double the recipe next time.

1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1/4 cup very hot water
1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
1/3 cup salsa
Handful of shredded cheese
Handful of shredded lettuce
Handful of chopped tomato
A spoonful fat-free sour cream

Get Cookin'


Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Stir Bisquick, cornmeal and hot water until soft dough forms. Knead until mixed. Roll dough onto cookie sheet, forming a circle like a pizza crust.

In another bowl mix beans and salsa and spread over the dough within an inch of the edge, again, like putting sauce on a pizza--leave a crust.

Fold edges over. Sprinkle cheese over beans.

Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment