Thursday, October 15, 2009

Beef Stew

This is the first beef I've cooked all school year! Before you ask if I'm going vegetarian--heck no, I'm not. It's just that when I visit my family and Jesse's family every weekend I typically eat beef at least once, maybe even twice. As a result, I haven't felt inclined to make any of my own beef for just 'lil old me. Tuesday I decided it was time for some beef, in the crockpot. I've never made beef stew before, but with the help of Coyote Country Seasoning Co. it turned out delicious!





1 pack of Coyote Country Seasoning Company's "beefy stew soup"
1 can of mushrooms, drained
handful of baby carrots
1 onion, chopped
1 can baby potatoes, drained
1 pound of steak, cut into cubes
4 c water

Get Cookin'

Place everything in crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 4-5. The seasoning package called for 6 cups of water, but I thought it was too much, just so you know. Remember, stews and soups taste better the longer they cook, so try to opt for cooking it on the low setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment