Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starbucks Cake Pops

Thesis countdown: four days! It's finally inching up to the big day! What's a good thesis without tasty refreshments? Let me assure you, readers, I've picked out the cutest post-defense treats for all my guests.

The menu:
    Pink Lemonade
    Grapes
    Starbucks Cake Pops
 photo from here

 Jesse and my dad even made me a custom cake pop stand! Photos to come after the defense. I got a vintage 7-Up crate that all the drinks and food fit into perfectly. My mum isn't sure what I'm more excited about: cake pops or the actual defense.

 Custom cake pop stand made from a 1960s 7-Up soda box. Thanks Dad & Jesse!

Have you had the new petite pastries from Starbucks? They're all under 200 calories and perfect for parties and events (and thesis defenses, apparently). My cousin is using them at a baby shower she's planning, too. Here's an interview with the man who created the recipe and concept for Starbucks' three cake pop flavors from the Starbucks official blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment