Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate Kaula trifle

Instead of a birthday cake this year, my mum made me a chocolate, Kaula trifle. We'd talked about Kaula a few weeks before my birthday and I said I wanted to try it. What better way than to try it in my birthday cake!

This was amazing-everybody loved it. It actually isn't too sweet, Jesse's mom doesn't like sugary-sweet things and she enjoyed it. We will be making this before my next birthday!

This is another recipe that's better to make the day before so the flavors have time to come together.

My birthday trifle and me!
Ingredients
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
2 pkgs. (4 serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk (only) for pudding mix
2/3 c. Kahlua
1 pt whipping cream, whipped
6 Heath bars, crushed in food processor

Get Cookin'

Mix cake mix as directed on package and bake in 13 x 9 inch pan.   Let cool (can do this the day before).

Make chocolate pudding using only 3 cups of milk instead of 4.  Set aside to cool.

Cut cake into 1" x 1" chunks. Put half of them into glass serving bowl.

Sprinkle with half the Kahlua.

Spread half the pudding over cake and sprinkle with half the Heath bars.
Repeat all layers.  Refrigerate

Top with homemade whipped cream to serve.
We served them in wine glasses, but you could serve them in bowls, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment